Powered by Blogger.

let's talk...nail polish



Though I obviously love skincare and beauty, I'm a little lost when it comes to nails. I'm still trying to nip my nail-biting habit in the bud and I usually have no idea what my nail color is when I happen to have them painted. I sort of just throw one on and don't pay much attention, hoping that the neutral-shade is making my hands look tanner. I stumbled across J. Hannah, the Instagram account you definitely admire from time to time to drool over their stunning, simple jewelry and Autumn-toned polishes.  Take a peak into what I thought about one of their nail polishes.

I decided to try their color Marzipan, a sort of dusty nude that sort of looks like a brown-toned white. Obviously I'm a neutral girl, so I fell in love with this color immediately. What I love about J. Hannah is that their polishes are very pigmented and, most importantly, not tested on animals!! 



The bottle is so aesthetically-pleasing I had to take about a million holding it in front of my face. As you can see, the color is indeed a wonderful neutral number, that also makes my hands look tan. Now that I've tried this color, I'm dying to try the Ghost Ranch...what a perfect Autumn tone that would be. Is this the start of my nail polish addiction?! I pledge to myself that I will stop biting my nails and get them lookin' nice more. A late 2017 New Years resolution?✩ Paired with Cinco Store rings and Hara The Label bralette.

10 comments

  1. Love this post, and I love that you use products not tested on animals. Beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been so excited to try these polishes. I relate to the nail I biting though, I recently stopped and my nails are doing great, besides one that I completely messed up ahh. But, I recommend using a nail oil to keep your cuticles and nails healthy and probably a nail polishes hat strengthens them. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! If you don't mind me asking, how did you stop? x

      Delete
    2. For me at least, nail biting occurred when I got anxious or was bored. I usually never realize when I'm biting my nails but when you realize it just stop. It's a lot easier to tear down your whole nail then for it to repair so try your best. Probably just try keeping busy with your hands and make sure they're always moisturized so you don't get hangnails and such :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much for this advice!! Super helpful. Will def try to stop it next time I catch myself wanting to nibble...(mostly from stress too)

      Delete
  3. Love the piece + polish! (PS, the expression is to nip it in the bud!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Omg how funny--I just corrected, thank you!!!

      Delete
  4. I love that nail polish color. It's so pretty.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete